Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 30, 2013

RIP BUTTONS KALUHIOKALANI

A few weeks ago my favorite surfer of all time passed.
Today I postponed a camping trip to paddle out with over a hundred of his friends and family.
I paddled out on my twin fin and my wife on the long board with our son.
It was a beautiful experience.
In the process we got to meet a lot of kind people, like Kiki, Christian Hosoi's cousin, and Mark Liddell. It was my first funeral/paddle out.
If I die, I want my ashes to go dumped at my home break Suicides right by Graveyards on the South Shore of  Oahu, and for all my friends and family barbecue and surf all day. Hopefully there'll be waves. It is also my goal to give back to the community with my art. My representations of the how the ocean makes me feel.
So glad I went.
RIP BUTTONS!!!
Thank you for showing so many people the way on how to get so stoked, including myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlv1H3irwU
http://vimeo.com/78432451

No comments:

Post a Comment