Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Surf Poem: Family Sunday

Sunday Family Beach Day  
and my face is a little fried
The ocean was so beautiful
if alone I would have cried

Skies were blue for miles around
Crashing waves made pleasant sounds
I always must remember
what makes my heartbeat healthy pounds.

Surfed a new secret spot
Some local bros were my guide
We set up the wives and kids
Then paddled out to perfect winds and tide

They showed me past the treacherous reef
Stoked I didn't ding my board
In just another fifty yards
lied natures great reward

Once we made it to breaks
we all caught radical rides.
Every successful drop
turned me from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde.

-Manny Aloha
Sunday 11/23/14



3 comments:

  1. Even though I've never surfed, I felt the joy from your poem, which expressed vividly the thrill and excitement of the sport. Thanks for sharing, once again, Manny, your creative side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother from another mother, that was the graceful flow of speech in action. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. Its funny. I read this poem to a few people in a bar and no one like the rhyming. Maybe its better read than me reading it out loud.

    ReplyDelete