Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Easiest Avocado Smoothie/Shake/Drink


Ingredients: Avocado, Milk, Sugar,  Ice.

Directions: Throw it all in glass, and stir.  Drink  and eat chunks with a spoon.

As I get older I realize more and more things I learned from my father, now that it has been over 15 years since I blamed him for all the negative things in my life. (I think its natural for a any youth to go through that stage). If you ever read this Dad I hope you know that I love you very much and appreciate all the things you've given me (a skateboard, camera, car, another camera).  

Most importantly thank you for teaching me how to work hard, be creative, and enjoy the finer quality things in life, like fitted Italian made shirts,  Singapore Rice Noodles, and all the gangster Chinese restaurants in Chinatown.

 I tell you meeting your dad in front of his office in downtown Manhattan, jumping in a cab to  chinatown, not talking much while stuffing your face, then saying see you later and going back to your business is straight good times. 

But back to the Avocado Drink. Lets call it the Manny Aloha, because I'm self centered like that and its better than calling it the plain Avocado Shake.

I remember in the summers my dad would cut open an Avocado, break it up with a spoon, throw it in a glass with some sugar, and ice, fill it up with milk stir it up, and drink it down faster than I could ask what it was.

To this day, it is my favorite way to eat a whole avocado and drink a glass of milk. 
Its an Asian thing so I hear from Google. A filipino thing definitely. The only other person I know who does this is my Filipino friend John Esguerra from the North Shore. He also does a clothing line and blog called Quality Peoples. He is one of the best designers and surf art connoisseurs I know. See for yourself at Qualitypeoples.com

Anyway if you've never tried this drink, and you like avocados, try it.
If you do, and you like it, think of me and say "aaaahhhhh! thanks Manny Aloha".

I also hear you can drink it with rum or blend it?
Shoot, I guess you can call that a Manny Aloha Special.

Signing off.





No comments:

Post a Comment