Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Method Airs

Photo of Jesse Martinez
Photo taken from: http://noneco.wordpress.com/2011/02/25/jesse-martinez/

I just spent about an hour writing about my brother Bob and how he learned Method Airs form Jesse Marinez, but then somehow lost all the writing by clicking a wrong tab on my blog page.

Well, I'll save most of it for next time.

There is a photo somewhere buried at my moms house of my brother Bob looking exactly like this doing a method air... down to the toe hanging off the back end of the board.  I remember, shortly after seeing Jesse blast airs at a demo around 1987,  Bob was blasting airs a few weeks after. It seemed like in one week he learned Method Airs, Judo Airs, Frigid Airs, tweaked out Japan Airs, 360 Airs. He totally taught himself and then everyone else in the neighborhood modeled after him. I had to practice doing method air motions in Ron Sabo's pool, another skater in our neighborhood, then pull it off in a dream sleeping, before ever doing it in reality.
Shout out to you Brother Bob and all my skate bros from Suffern, NY- Ron Sabo, Eric Lynn, Rob Blandi, Jimmy Lynch, Mike Singer, Matt Duffy, John Sansone, and Brian Pistolesi.

Anyway before I erase this by accident again, I'll sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment