Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hawaiian Winter Skateboard Practice

Aloha friends and family. It's 1:40am and I should be in bed. Mostly every day afterwork I've been skateing home, and every time I do, I do one thing different, like take a different side of the street or do a maneuver I haven't tried in a while or ever. For instance I used to pass this driveway every day until I looked behind me and realized there was a bank to wall behind me. All day today as I worked, all I could think of was doing wall rides. I know it sounds useless, but skateboarding always sounds useless, but it has given back to me so well in life. When I get home after skating I am so sweaty, stoked, and breathing hard... and I don't even have to pay for a gym membership or even go to a skatepark. I don't really want many people to know this, but to me street skating is so fun. I know by this small blog post and by me skating down the street in this video, it will soon be illegal. There is so much stuff to skate in Hawaii, and mostly people skate in the parks. I'm not saying I don't like skating skateparks, it's just skating is so rad in the streets, sidewalks and parking lots.

 I'm not saying I'm Danny Way, but... I heard once that  the best skater or surfer is the one that is having the most fun. I think today I might of been the best skater in Honolulu between 5:30 and 6:30pm. 
Til next time. Here is my video of today's skate with my homemade soundtrack. Enjoy.
Aloha.
-Manny

No comments:

Post a Comment