Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Art Realization

For me, my studio is not a space for harnessing brilliant ideas, but the place to fabricate the idea into a work of art. Ideas come out in nature, or out in the street, or in my cozy home trippin' out in my sketchbook, on my skateboard, or in the ocean while surfing.

I need to tell myself this so I don't go to my studio without an intention or preconceived idea to create.
Brilliant ideas first manifest and develop in the sketchbook or on my skateboard, or in the ocean surfing.

It is not a good idea to go into major production, without any idea. Or materials will be wasted in what should have been figured out in the sketching phase. Imagine building a house without any plans. Not to say that this approach wouldn't work, but...time yfor me to crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment