Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Scattered Thoughts

Sunday Surf Session
Holy Guac.
Time Flies.
Months have passed since I've kept up with the blog.
Why write? Because it kills a million birds with one stone:
It keeps my inner voice alive.
Keeps my friends in touch with an old bro.
Inspires others to do better
And entertains?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty much stuck in the grind, with a morsel of energy left for myself to make this minute effort to express myself. My blog is my sketchbook/journal.

Life is passing before me while I work the 9-5 to take care of my wife and son Hayden.
Any free hour or two are either spent bonding with my wife Marisa or son Hayden or surfing, skating or making art.

I tell you what. if you don't practice your passion, your skill dwindles.
Out of all of my passions, Art is the toughest to keep satiated, as well as most difficult to be good at.

As for Surfing or Skating, I've admitted the fact that I am not going to turn pro. and I am not working on being the best skill wise. However, one pro gave a tip once and said that the best surfer in the water is the one having most fun. In that sense, I may be up there with the best.

But.... well this leads to my secret dream which I will remain secret, because this is one thing that I am trying to get better at.

But back to the Art practice... Damn! I have a new studio that I pay good money for. So far it is half way through January and I've been in there once.
Enough self pity.
Writing this makes me realize how I need to grab a hold of my life and come up with a better game plan of being more efficient with my time, as well as manage more time for creating.

It aint easy. But thats the game. How to be free when there are all these things/ necessities / forces that keep you busy... mostly the need to make a dollar bill.

Anyway I won't bore you with any more rant, but maybe interest you by sharing my dreams.

1)Do an art show this year.
my biggest and most well planned out show ever in the history of my life.

2)Go on a surf trip to Indonesia with friends this year

3)Be a radical Husband and Father

Ok. Thats enough. This is all I want to do this year.
If I can do 2 out of 3 of those this year. especially number 3,
I'll take another deep breath and smile.
Shoot.
I'll take another deep breath and smile right now.
I'm blessed.
You're blessed.
We are blessed.

Photo above is a photo of my window of surf time last Sunday Morning.
Time to go to sleep.
Thanks for reading.
Signing off.
Manny Aloha.
11:17pm Tuesday 1/15/13


No comments:

Post a Comment