Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

STAY WILD MAGAZINE: ALOHA DITCHES!

I haven't seen it yet, but, I am honored to be in the fall issue of 
Stay Wild Magazine. This summer I discovered countless skateable ditches while driving around Oahu during my day job. Ditch postings on Instagram like the photos below inspired me to pitch a "Hawaii ditch piece" to Stay Wild.


I got the green light from Stay Wild head honcho (friend and role model) Justin Scrappers Morrison.

So I called up one of my favorite photographers (and friend) Jianca Lazarus and two dedicated and radical skater broz Mike Sidani, and Johnny Noel, and we made a day of it. 
I hadn't skated that hard in 10 years.
I'm stoked that two photos of me made it into the mag. 
Below are a handful of shots from that Day of Ditches that weren't printed.
Thanks Stay Wild Magazine for giving us a great reason to skate and create.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Johnny Noel -Backside Hurricane
Mike Sidani ollie into the steep
Manny Method to five-o-axel pivot.

Johnny blunt 
Sidani speed carve setting up for a backside ollie.

Manny Magic Method

Sidani Wire Grind Uluz

Me keepin' it simple.

Thank you Mike Sidani, Johnny Noel, Jianca Lazarus, and 
Stay Wild Magazine for the friendship and Ultra Positive Vibes.
Sincerely, 
Manny Aloha




1 comment: