Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bad Ass Brother Bob and Manny Aloha

Apparently this photo was taken by our dad who was moving to California that day.
The good thing about it is that we would spend the summers with him and he bought us skateboards to keep up with him while he jogged the Redondo Beach bike path. I think they were Logan skateboards. I remember I had to push on my knee. I'd watch my brother ride standing and I couldn't understand how he did it. He later grew up to be the best skater on the block, and probably in the county.
He used to do 360 methods super high, then switch grabs three quarters of the way and do an indy nosebone and land solid. That was like in 1987 or 88. To this day I can't do things he did back then.
He was one of the first kids on the East coast to slide and grind hand rails. He always did the highest and most tweaked out airs. The best skaters flocked to our crew because of him. We became friends with those skaters and it made for the adventurous skate life that I live today. He would also do the meanest Ho Ho's. Thanks for the inspiration Bob. Below is a photo of me when I lived on Grand St. Williamsburg Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment