Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Good Day and some skate wisdom

Play this and read.
Even though I don't have a full time job yet. Today was good.
Here's why in random order:

Spent the first half of the afternoon applying for jobs.

I found this song on Pandora while cooking dinner with my son.
He stirred the cut potatoes and mixed them up in a pot with the salt and spices.
While I cut and prepped other ingredients.

How to conserve water tip.
Jump in the tub after your baby if you have one.
Or better yet take a bath with your kid before he or she gets too old. Its good times.
If your tub is big enough throw mom in there too.

After applying to jobs
Skated the skate park and the right combo of homeboys were there including Hartsel and Torian and James and.... the sun put the golden light across the park. I always skate better when certain people are around. Hartsel is one of them.
Unlike skating with my good old friend Jeff Pang, I used to always get hurt when I skated with him, but I'll tell a few of those stories another time.
 It rained some so we had to skate under the bridge and session two obstacles at one point. Its always fun when this happens cuz everyone can session together. I was bugging out (havin' good times) saying outloud, "If I'm a real skater, I should be able to do a frontside grind" then do it. "If I'm a real skater I should be able to do a frontside board-slide" and do it, etcetera  etcetera. Skating the park reminds me of when I first started skating everyday after school at the "tennis courts" with my neighborhood bros. Only I don't skate everyday, but...

My wife's description of this blog
Blah blah blah blah surfing surfing
Blah blah blah blah surfing surfing
Blah Blah Blah surfing
Surfing Surfing.

Yeah so I'm writing about skateboarding.

Here's what I learned skating today.
If you want to learn a trick, imagine yourself doing it as much as possible-The feeling and actual movement when and where to breathe, the direction of your shoulders, arms, head, feet. Then go for it. Try it twenty times if you have to, one hundred times. As long as each try doesn't involve a skull crack. If this is the case, wear a helmet. Roll around and do tricks you can land in between to have some fun while you're at it.

If you don't land it that day, save it for next time. Because if you're too stubborn and keep trying it until the sun goes down and you're late for dinner, wifey won't be happy. This I didn't do. My deal is I always have to make it to wifey before the sun goes down so we can enjoy it set together. I think if might of taken me a year to learn to ollie. Thank the universe I didn't give up. I may have tried it over a hundreds of times. Some things take hundreds and hundreds of times doing it until grace starts to appear.

Thats it for now.
Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment