Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

Words

Writing actually helps communicate the complex feelings and experiences we have. The more we write and read, the better we get at communicating. One day I will be able to share the feelings I get when I'm in the water. I know this sounds dirty, but I told my friend Luke the other day when the South Shore had a good swell, I said, I'm so stoked. I'm gonna go molest those waves." I actually feel that way, and sometimes I feel the wave likes it. Sometimes I feel like the wave likes to get dirty with me, wants to get aggressive and sadomasochistic.

As a visual artist it is also good to be able to make that picture that says a thousand words. But for this moment I write. I need to work on my visual art skills. Balance it all.

When I was in the Philippines for a month, my family had a going away party for me. When they demanded a speech, I started reciting names of cousins, aunts and uncles I wanted to thank, and someone shouted out "Don't start with the names, because you'll leave someone out and they'll get upset." or something along these lines. I have a lot of aunts, uncles, and cousins. And as far as friends, there are a bunch that mean a lot to me and that have shaped who I am today. I feel lucky. The Internet keeps some of us together.

I don't have everything figured out, and I know I never will. That is like saying, I know what the wave will do. I know enough that waves will always eventually come, and I will catch a few, and that the wave always ends, but I can always paddle back for more, and that when the day is done, a new swell will always be back soon. And that the more you surf, the better you get.

Where am I going with this?
I don't know.
I 'll let you figure that out.
These were waves of words that your mind just surfed.
If you like the wave, maybe you'll come back for more.
I like that about Home Breaks (the wave you surf most)
Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment