Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Surf Life Moment/Tangent

This island life never fails to feel like a dream world.
Today was my first time substitute teaching.
It was actually really satisfying.
I was subbing for a Career Counseling class.
Right up my ally. I'm so much better telling people how to live their lives than my own.

My biggest challenge is learning to take my own advice.

On the attendance sheet, there was a note saying that two specific kids weren't supposed
to sit next to each other, so I ended up having to separate the two. By noticing one of their interests in Marine Biology, I found out they surfed.
and instantly remembered them from my favorite surf spot.

They surfed in a crew of 5-6 surfers all riding different sized boards...
one even on a boogie board. I remember admiring that how they were
so comfortable with their crew and how they all kept track of each other.
Making sure they new where every one them was. 
At the end of their surf session 3 or 4 of them took off on the same wave.

You'll find surf posses in 3's  short boarding and acting all serious.

These guys shared waves.

Anyway I quickly realized that these two weren't bad, they were just smart and had a sense of humor that was probably inappropriate for the teacher to deal with.

I later found out that they weren't going to surf today after school, and I felt lucky that I could and did get it good. Nearly made my wife late for work.
The South Swell is still here. Perfect 8-10 ft faces.
I thought I was the only one who missed awesome days of surf. Apparently it happens to the best of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment